Visiting My People - SHIKIMIKIE

Saturday 28 November 2020

Visiting My People


Because of the restriction, ALL SAINTS DAY and ALL SOULS DAY's celebration in the cemetery here in the metro was prohibited. I mean, not totally but the way we used to celebrate it wasn't allowed so we didn't go. We went last week and it was nice to visit them during this ongoing chaos. Thank you ancestors for keeping me alive during my corona virus infection. 

fam bam

After our visit, we went to Quezon ave to eat at this classic Chinese restaurant that's been around forever and since it was my first time eating here, I was kind of excited to try. Also, I watched some celebrity vlogs recently and they seemed to enjoy the food so there's that.  

The one went to is the one at Banawe. I believe there are other branches but yeah that's where we went to. It was pretty packed but in fairness to them, we were seated right away. The problem was when we were ordering or lack thereof. It was hella hard to order. The people taking orders wouldn't entertain us for goodness sake. They would say, wait lang, wait lang. And I know it's kinda busy but there's no system to their chaos. Bless them. Anyway, I wanted a large bowl of beef mami but it's not available for some reason so I got the original one. It's a mix of chicken and beef I think. They should have just made beef mami from it. I'm just saying. 



I ordered siopao BOLA BOLA and this large bowl of noodles and it was served kinda cold. Okay no cold but more like room temperature. I mean, seriously? Like, I can't believe we waited that long just to be served room temperature soup. In case you are wondering, YES! Everything was served at room temp. The siumai and the buns too! 

sisters' order

I didn't enjoy that lunch. ANYWAY, for take aways, mom ordered siumai and buns which I enjoyed because we made sure to steam it since the restaurant failed to do that for us. That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment