Quarantine Extension?! (TIP!) - SHIKIMIKIE

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Quarantine Extension?! (TIP!)








Will there be? I don’t really know but as healthcare professional, I hope so. It is the logical thing to do. We are battling against something we can’t really see so it’s the right thing to do if we want to really flatten the curve which is as we all know impossible as we haven’t even tested much people so you know, for all we know infected people are still multiplying in numbers behind our proud backs. TRAITOR.





 I pity the Filipino people. I pity because they are hungry. This is Hunger Games in real life y’all. The supermarkets be the CORNUCOPIA. For real. I mean this is Hunger Games, we’re all a tribute. You know, not everyone has a sponsor and not everyone can hunt their own food because not everyone can work. We have been in this quarantine for almost a month and a half now and all my household received (around week 3) is a one week supply of rice and you know maybe a 3 day supply of food relief from the local barangay for one person. We are 5 in this family. I’m not in any way complaining for myself here you know, we get our support from elsewhere but what about those who can’t survive without the local government’s support? How will they eat?




Can I just share a story with you? My grandfather lives with his second family now and they live in this small household that they are renting, yeah? So my grandfather went to the barangay to enlist himself for the government amelioration program, right? My grandfather never lived in our house ever since so I was confused when he came to us saying he was denied the assistance because his daughter is in  Japan. What? He explained that he’s living elsewhere and that his daughter is not working in Japan but still was denied the help. True that we receive support from Japan but that has nothing to do with my grandfather. He is not Japanese. He is a Filipino and his government is failing him. I don’t think he is not qualified. Why are you saying he isn’t qualified? He is. I understand that there are probably millions of people more qualified than him but saying he isn’t qualified because of some non existent workers in Japan helping us is plain wrong. Just straighten your reasoning guys. WE KNOW. WE WOULD UNDERSTAND. Of course my grandfather would survive because he gets to eat more than 3 times a day and still have support from his son and daughters but what about those who doesn’t have this kind of support? Who will help them? 





Also, how selfish is it to “temporarily” ban the deployment of health care workers abroad? I get the point and all but this is just plain selfish. Give us better compensation in the Philippines so no one will ever think of going out. I think the government is asking for too much to be honest. But that’s just me. I’m probably not as heroic as you are so don’t take that against me. You can stay of course if that’s what you want.  Do we have any news about the CPD units though? Because now, I have 0. As I understand it, I have to accumulate around 15. Technically I only have to have 5 because I was abroad for 2 years within the validity period of my renewal. So I digress.






Also, can I just give a shout out to my current employer who offers cash advance and constantly ask us if we’re okay. I mean, it’s not a big deal but during tough times like this, having a supportive employer surely helps. Thank you so much madame. That was very considerate of you. 




Will the quarantine end on April 30th? Will it be extended? They had a meeting and I heard no one voted against it so we all know it will be extended to some extent particularly in NCR and maybe some other parts of the country as well. We’ll know for sure on Thursday. April 23, 2020. PS: Don’t call me ungrateful or whatever. That’s just my observation. You are all welcome to say otherwise. I am worried for this government. I am worried for us all! I hope this will be over soon!



This is unsolicited if you may but here’s my advice for you when all of this over:



• HAVE AN EMERGENCY FUND! If I’ve learned anything from this unfortunate event, it’s to save money in a sense that you can support yourself/family for at least three months. You know the drill, right? All your monthly expenses times three! Maybe add some more! Okay put some more. A little bit more. I know not all have this kind of mindset before but it’s never too late to start. I mean having experienced all of this first hand, I guess anyone would think to do so in the future, no? I mean, save just so you wouldn’t suffer as much if the government fails to deliver its promises is all I’m saying. Man, that’s a lot of money. It’s not a safe world so it’s better safe than sorry, right?



Can I just share that I asked my sister to cut my hair because it was so dry and being the obedient citizen that I am, I stayed home despite my mom saying that some salons nearby are operating.






RESULT OF FIRST DAY HAIRCUT





The first try I noticed it was thicker at the bottom than above so the next day, I asked my sister to cut some more!







SECOND DAY RESULT





Second day. Same towel not same dress. Anyways, this is the result when wet. I am quite satisfied with the result. Oh the things I do when bored. That’s all! 



“Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment