My Bestfriend's Wedding - SHIKIMIKIE

Monday 6 April 2020

My Bestfriend's Wedding







I’m just so happy that I am in the country for the occasion. I was so happy and very emotional, you know. There’s definitely something about wedding. It’s only the first wedding I’ve attended to (of a friend) and it was just too much for me emotionally, you know. Don’t get me wrong though! I was happy the most part but there were also a lot of ugly crying. Happy tears. JUST TOO MUCH EMOTIONS!












Can I just say that I’m so proud of my girls because we’re on time! The invitation says 3:00 pm and man, we were there on time. It was in Bulacan and no one really knows how to get there so we made sure that we leave Manila earlier than we have to and yeah we arrived kind of earlier than we have to so yeah we killed time in Jollibee. 










The wedding was beautiful. I don’t know but it was full of emotions. It was actually my first time meeting her husband and even then it was reassuring. I’m so happy for my bestfriend. I’d share below the speech I wasn’t able to deliver. That’s all!








Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen. Most of you probably don’t know me. Well, I also don’t know most of you. Joke lang. With that, I want to introduce myself. My name is Mikie. It’s indeed lovely how we are all gathered today to witness my bestfriend’s wedding. 











A little bit of history, I’ve known Aljie since we were in Kinder I don’t know. Primary school. You know, we weren’t exactly bestfriends back then but later on we became inseparable. Lagi kami talagang magkasama. Kahit itanong niyo pa kay tita Alice (bestfriend’s mother). 











I’m standing here in front of you not to talk much about the past but rather talk about the future. From now on, I know na hindi ka na namin ganon kadaling maaya sa mga lakaran at hindi nadin kami ang priority mo when it comes to anything. But even so, I know I am and will always be happy because I know that you are now building a life you’ve always wanted. I’m giving you up so that you can build a life you’ve always dreamed of. Having said all of that, I want you to know, that I will always be here. 100%. I will always be your bestfriend. To Ardel (husband), I want you to know that by default, you are now my bestfriend too. 






Let me leave all of you with a quote. Mahatma Gandhi once said, If there is love, there is life. 





I wish you both a life full of love. 





Ladies and gentlemen, let’s give a round of applause for our newly weds. Thank you. Have a goodnight everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment