The Passing of my Dad. - SHIKIMIKIE

Tuesday 24 December 2019

The Passing of my Dad.











I knew that one day, I would have to face this scenario but come on, how could one ever prepare for this kind of loss. My dad passed on the midnight of the 12th. It was very shocking. I actually won’t go into details on that and what happened that day but yeah it happened. I’ve been with my dad for almost 21 years and it’s just sad to say goodbye. My dad is actually hospitalized the same day as we went to Korea. Not for like emergency thing though just for IV antibiotic therapy. But on the third day, I think dad had some kind of trouble breathing and everyone thought he’d be gone but he miraculously recovered. My dad was released the same day as we arrived back to the Philippines. He was weak at first but he kind of recovered. And then all of that came to an end two to three weeks later. My dad then refused to eat anything and was only drinking orange juice up until he passed. 










My dad died of COPD. He smoked a lot when he was younger and I can’t help but warn people about what could happen to them if they don’t quit smoking. It’s kind of sad though. Like, the way my dad lived his last year was kind of sad because from bad, he got worst real quick and there’s nothing we can’t do about it. A week before he passed, he was always confused and can’t really talk properly. My dad was really smart so I know the thought was there but he’s probably not able to convey what he really wanted to tell and all but yeah. If there’s anything I regret doing, it’s probably not being able to spend more time with him than I should have. But I tried so I’m also kind of okay with that. 









We’re all okay now. Not at the same level but we’re moving on, I guess. It’s been a rough week but we’re slowly going back on track and I guess the thought that he’s not in pain anymore is very relieving. I don’t really know what happens to the dead after life but hopefully he’s happy and know that he lived a very meaningful life and have touched hearts of people in his own ways. Like, can I just share one of the many things he thought me? To keep trying! Even if you fail so many times in life. JUST KEEP TRYING. That’s all! 

1 comment: