Elm Tree Guest House Short Review/RANT - SHIKIMIKIE

Sunday 8 December 2019

Elm Tree Guest House Short Review/RANT







THE RANT. When we arrived, we were assigned a different room than what we first decided on for some reason and since there’s no one in there because of our very late check-in so we can’t really know what’s happening, yeah? So we went to our assigned rooms and called it a day. The next day, we actually went out very early so no staff still. When we arrived at night though, the staff stopped us at the entrance and told us that they already moved our stuff out of the assigned room and transferred it to our supposed to be ACTUAL room. AND I WAS LIKE, WTF in my mind. He said that there was no available room so they did put us in two separate rooms first. He also said that since we can’t be contacted, they emailed me what they've done and stuff. THERE IS NO SUCH EMAIL THAT EXIST LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I’m just so disappointed that they would carry on with the transfer WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. Also, why is there no available room when we already booked one two months before our trip? I already contacted the APP that I booked the guest house to but they still haven’t given me a statement yet so there’s that. Just to be clear though, we didn’t lose anything important (that we know of). Well other than the adapter that we brought with us which they probably just forgot to take off the room. BUT STILL. Like, that’s our things they moved you know and we locked the damn doors for some reason so they don’t have the right to move it elsewhere WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION is what I’m saying. I would have been satisfied if I found the email they said they sent but NAH. Anyways, other than that. It was an okay guest house I guess. 










This is probably one of the cheapest that came out the search list of BOOKING.COM so yeah there's that. I think there are two places with lower rate but this one has better reviews so I opted for this. Also, free breakfast! The place is actually not so bad. 










Common room. This is where we ate our noodles/onigiri/kimbap when we're actually already too late to eat at any restaurants. THE RANT! Not because of the place itself or anything but because of what they've done. The room was very tiny and not so tidy but I guess that’s what we paid for so whatever. The first room we got was okay but it was sooo hot in my sister's room. Like sooo hot! I don't know how my sister was able to sleep for one night. But thankfully it was okay in our actual room so yeah. 










Although they said they have eggs for breakfast, this is all they got. Also, on our first day, they didn't have anything prepared and we waited there for like maybe around 15 minutes and it’s already about an hour past the breakfast call-time so whatever. We had coffee past the breakfast time so I guess it’s a tie.











The neighborhood though is fantastic! Very accessible and stuff so that's great! That's all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment