STAP Issue in Japan - SHIKIMIKIE

Monday 14 April 2014

STAP Issue in Japan


First of all, this girl speaks vintage to me that I sometimes don't understand what she is saying. But Imma give my point anyways. 

Accusations:

1. Copying and pasting pictures for the Powerpoint presentation.

2. Wearing a white cooking apron instead of a prescribed laboratory gown. 

3. Fabricating results because scientists like herself cannot replicate her result.

She's 30-ish and she call herself inexperienced of this thing. If you don't know STAP, it's okay. I don't know it too. But it's Stimulus Triggered something that basically renews cells and develop to stem cells that would be effective for Stress Therapy they say. So yeah the issue is that they found similar images online. We all know that in the world of research, you have to annotate that. Or if you're actually done with the research, use your own documented photo. She's 30 ish but I don't believe she doesn't have more experienced advisers. Not to brag but I have friends who were able to publish their research papers and get awards for it and stuff in their early 20's (some teens) And I know that they know that copy-paste isn't the best way to go. Maybe she knows. 

The cooking apron kind of pisses me off. I mean, it wouldn't change the result! Whatever she's wearing, right? I guess they just want to make the issue bigger that they're tackling irrelevant stuff to be part of the issue. Well I hope we all agree that it ain't cool to fabricate stuff but come on! Really? I hope they won't touch on how she's wearing full on make-up while experimenting. 

Scientists can't replicate result is kind of questionable. I mean, it's either she's really really good and that the other scientists are bad OR she made up the result so not even the most brilliant scientist can replicate it. I've seen that senior scientist have tried and failed so I don't know about that. 

Another issue is that the company that funded the research already called the paper/research flawed and then as a response, she filed a complaint and asked that sponsor company to take back what it said. I don't really know what to say but I guess that the company kind of made  a move so soon that it's kind of unjustifiable.

In my opinion, I think she deserves a chance. I mean, I think she fabricated the procedure and all that to make it more believable or something but if she proclaimed that there is that certain type of cell made, I somehow believe it. I don't know if it's just me or something but yeah weird, yeah? I think they're giving people certain time to investigate and all that which is nice because at least they're not concluding stuff. So yeah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment