Church and State. - SHIKIMIKIE

Sunday 29 January 2012

Church and State.


First of all, I want to make it clear that I don’t mean to offend anyone with this post. I just want to make a point. I don't actually care but here's my say anyways.

If you’re familiar with the things that are happening here in the Philippines, you might want to join my side. If not, not my problem. At least you have an opinion. That’s good enough for me.

There are state issues that I think, should stay with the state you know. I know pretty well that the church have the right to do things but so is the state. Fair enough. If both side would just do their own thing, then what can be the problem? People are trained to be where they are so more or else they know what they are doing yeah?

I had a debate with an attorney-to-be regarding that art exhibit in CCP recently. I said it doesn’t bother me and all that but he questioned my point of view and all other stuff. I’m disappointed merely because some law students doesn’t even know who they’re fighting for. All good. He was also able to mention that there is a law that separates the state and the church. So be it. Law is a law right?

What worries me the most is that we can’t make good decisions anymore. I’m not saying that the church is bad. Alright? I just want to say that sometimes, they should leave it alone to the state. And I actually haven't heard of anything like the state interfering to the activities of the church so maybe I'm a little bit one sided and actually maybe there isn't.

I’m not a state person either. I just think that it’ll be better if they will do their job the way they should do it. I think it’ll be better that way. What do you have to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment