REIWA, A Start of a New Generation. - SHIKIMIKIE

Tuesday 9 April 2019

REIWA, A Start of a New Generation.



Millenials, Generation X, Generation Z, or whatever generation it is. It also happens in Japan. If you don't know, we have actually a lot of eras in Japan. Five of the latest eras are Meiji, Taishō, Shōwa, Heisei, and Reiwa. I was born in Heisei era which is the era as of this writing because the new era would take effect on May, 1, 2019. It's nice, you know. Witnessing a new era unfold. I mean, it's not like I'm just gonna watch them live in the era or something. I will be part of it of course! I'm just so proud that I get to live in another one, you know what I mean? It has been a long discussion at work when will this changing of names will happen. Even joked that it would be named after one of my co-workers. And it's happening now! UGH!!! I can't say that I'm too old to be witnessing this but yeah I kind of am. I can't wait to make memories in the new era. That sounds dramatic, yeah? This is a short post but I'm just so proud of the Japanese people. Everyone was like watching the news and everything. the teenagers showing as much enthusiasm than the elders. Everyone was so happy about it. It was actually dad who alerted me and my sister Mari and we all watched the news together. It was iconic man. Witnessed it as it happened. Will show you some of the memories I've made during the HEISEI era. AKA ALL OF MY MEMORIES THUS FAR. Anyways, these are my pictures before this blog.






SHOWA and HEISEI represent!






MANYO CLUB AT SAKURAGICHO




INTERNSHIP! 




GRADUATION






I don't have super relevant pictures to share so yeah! I don't know how I enthusiastically blogged all of these before. I don't even remember half of it happening. Thanks blog for reminding me what happened to my life thus far! Really serves its purpose, I tell you! That's all! Thank you so much, HEISEI! REIWA, please be good to me! I need all of the orders and harmony you can offer! So...ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment