Will I Ever Get COVID-19 Vaccinated? - SHIKIMIKIE

Saturday 30 January 2021

Will I Ever Get COVID-19 Vaccinated?

Well...YES. I told you guys about my COVID infection not so long ago but there's a specific vaccine brand out in the market that can be administered even with prior exposure. I mean, what can possibly go wrong? MANY! But that's not the point! I don't think I'd let my guard down even with the vaccine so you know. So why would I want to be vaccinated then you ask? Well The main reason is because I want to protect myself from the virus. We all know I failed to protect myself from it the first time and second, to put a stop to this whole shebang. I want my normal life back as soon as possible. I want to travel the world and live the remaining year of my 20's freely! Basically, I just don't want to be as annoyed as I am right now with people not following the protocol and stuff.

Anyway, the local government unit of the city where I live launched a survey/pre-registration for free vaccine and I signed myself, and my whole family for it. My city is one of the few in the Philippines that was able to secure vaccines so hopefully I'd be chosen for it you know. OMG can you remember my story of how long it took the city to respond to my COVID situation? What if they're that slow again this time? BLESS THEIR HEARTS. I hope someone's already sorting that registration thing by now because the vaccines could/would come as early next month so you know! They'd be wasting it if they don't act fast! WHY do I feel like that's what's gonna happen? OH NO! I feel like they're gonna find vaccines that are wrongly stored and also those that are not viable anymore because of their lack of preparedness and all! Anyway, it’s for us to find out. 

Not so long ago, I talked to one of my best friends and yeah she told me that the company she works for would most likely get a hold of the vaccine and give it to the employees and stuff and she was like how about you? I mean, it’s kinda ironic because I am actually way higher on the priority list but because it doesn’t work like that in this country. There would be others who would get the shots first. I mean, I’m totally okay with my bestfriend getting the shot of course. Anyway, I pre registered so hopefully that works out for me. Oh she also told me that he company wouldn’t be getting SINOVAC for sure. I guess it’s somehow okay. If that’s the only thing I could get, so be it. They say that it’s only around 50% ish effective and yeah if that’s the only vaccine available for me to have, then so be it. Also, like I said, wouldn’t let my guard down.

One more thing, can I just share that I didn’t develop an antibody (IgG) against the virus. I don’t know if it’s because I was asymptomatic or you know, maybe I didn’t even have the virus in the first place. Well for reference, I tested positive on October 19 2020. I was planning to donate my plasma for the convalescent plasma thing but I guess with my non existent antibody, it would be useless. Or maybe I didn’t test soon enough for it to show. Anyway, who knows? That’s all folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment