Congratulations, Deutschland!! - SHIKIMIKIE

Monday 14 July 2014

Congratulations, Deutschland!!


So it happened. The Germans won the WORLD CUP 2014. It's not like I don't want them to win because let's all admit it, they really outplayed the Argentines. In quite many ways, I was actually impressed by their performance but not as impressed as their many other games. I mean, that game against Brazil was so much fun to watch. I also particularly remember them being as aggresive last World Cup so yeah.

I woke up at like 4:30-ish JST and my friend turned the TV on and I was like, the fvck is this? And then I remembered the finals. Can I just stop and analyze why I forgot the finals? So I was like, quite lucky still that I was able to watch it. This is probably the first time I have to thank that TIME DIFFERENCE exists. Yes! 

That off-side goal by Higuain. Can we just stop right there. Higuain is actually my favorite player from Argentina because I don't know. Oh well. 

Mario Goetze did his job. Thinking he's a midfielder, he actually stepped it up, didn't he? When he was put in the field, I was like, even though he looks so pretty, this guy might actually make it. And then the Japanese commentators kept mentioning he's like only 22 and stuff and I was like, the heck I'm doing with my life while this guy is already scoring for the World Cup. 

I also would like to acknowledge Neuer for making it impossible for the Argentines to goal. I mean, it's not like they have shot impossible to block shots.  But you know. He's quite awesome. No pressure kind of look actually.  

Well the World Cup kind of wrapped up at that. Can I just say that Cristo Redentor kind of looked so gorgeous with that German flag reflected to it. Just literally.


It's so fab! I wonder if my favorite trademark changed its color or if they will ever change color in honor of the celebration. And yes, we're talking about the Eiffel Tower. Glückwunsch Deutschland!

No comments:

Post a Comment